As an Inside Marketing Rep, the successful candidate will join the company’s Sales team, reporting to Company ownership.
This entrepreneurial role presents an opportunity to drive new market share for rapidly growing business segments. Initiate and nurture contact with strategic targets as well as assist with generating quotations. This position is responsible for the marketing activities of Automation, Inc. and will help promote Automation, Inc. and the major manufacturers that we distribute.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience operating in disciplined, process-driven, sales and marketing environment
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with high level of attention to detail
- Strong computer skills (esp Microsoft Office); must be web- and social-media savvy
- Familiarity with Engineering and Manufacturing mindsets, environments, and jargon
- Results-oriented, ‘hunter’ mentality with the ability to meet demands and move fast
- Very good listening, note-taking, and de-briefing skills required
- Graphic design experience required
- Preferred experience using Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator Adobe Creative Cloud programs
- Interest in technical systems and products. Current understanding or open to learning about robotics, machine vision, and other concepts involved in factory automation.
- Able to work well and communicate with people in various departments to complete marketing tasks
- Works independently, manages and organizes time effectively with limited oversight
- Mine prospect data and research accounts to identify, contact, and reach key targets
- Drive registrations and attendance to online and offline events; support special campaigns
- Develop a regimented lead follow-up schedule and routinely report on progress/success
- Learn and understand the commercial benefits and value propositions of all products
- Help improve marketing effectiveness and sales efficiency by relaying feedback pro-actively
- Monitor self-performance continuously to meet or exceed goals and solicit help as needed
- Managing social media accounts (YouTube, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter) and monthly newsletter
- Drive attendance to online and offline events while managing website content and event signups (www.automationinc.com)
- Planning and executing trade shows, events, and seminars at Automation, Inc., and occasionally outside of the Minneapolis-St. Paul metro. Travel is limited.
- Creating digital collateral for trainings, seminars, and other events like trade shows using Adobe Creative Cloud products
- Create leads and help drive sales by creating content for monthly newsletters, brochures, outbound marketing campaigns, and more.
- Creating digital collateral (written content and design) for trainings, seminars, and other events like trade shows
- Handling other ad-hoc marketing related duties that can range from branding, logos, video editing, and more.
- Work closely with the sales team and application engineers to develop content for the sales team and customers.
- Demonstrated success understanding business objectives and meeting or exceeding goals
- 1-3 years of marketing or business experience
- Dependent Care Flex
- HSA account
Please submit your resume via e-mail to our jobs email (email@example.com) in Microsoft Word document format or as an Adobe PDF.
Thank you for your interest in Automation, Inc..