Inside Technical Sales
We are looking for an Inside Technical Sales representative to support existing and new customers using their technical education in pneumatic, safety, vision, electromechanical, motion and industrial controls. Automation, Inc. has 40 years of experience in this fast-paced Industry as a value-added stocking distributor in Minneapolis, MN and Customers are a top priority for us. We need experienced individuals to apply the best industrial technologies in order to create the best solutions for our customers.
Reports to: Inside Sales Manager
• Develop and maintain great rapport with customers, suppliers and co-workers
• Provide support to customers and co-workers with product selection and performance to ensure the customers needs are met, using supplier resources when necessary
• Answer incoming phone calls and emails regarding product selection, pricing, lead time, and order status
• Follow-up on leads & quotes to further the sales process
• Process quotes & orders using ERP System
• Log customer touchpoints and Opportunities in CRM system
• Update customer & contact information in the ERP & CRM Systems
• Troubleshoot issues with orders and products
• Follow up on orders and provide updates to the customer
• Contact suppliers for pricing & availability on Items and check status on orders
• Set up new customers
• Retrieve customer information for credit checks and tax exempt status
• Support for Accounting related to customer orders
• Support for Outside Sales Staff
• Work with management team to stay updated on product knowledge and current processes
• Impact the company’s bottom line by problem solving and turning frustrated customers into positive experiences
• Extensive use of ERP & CRM system
• Extensive use of Microsoft Outlook and Excel
• Other duties as assigned
Skills & Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
• Successful Inside Sales experience in Motion, Controls or Fluid Power
• Strong mechanical aptitude
• Ability to build long term relationships for repeat business
• Must be self-motivated
• Ability to manage time well and prioritize
• Intermediate Microsoft Office 2016 or higher (Excel especially)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Organizational, problem solving & investigative Skills
• Attention to detail
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work with all levels of the company
Work Experience: Previous Customer Service experience is preferred
Requirements: • 2-4 year college degree in Industrial Automation and Fluid Power (or similar field).
Required Education Level: 2-4 year college degree in Industrial Automation and Fluid Power (or similar field)
• Control your own future
• Competitive pay package, including potential year-end bonus
• Training will be provided on products, technologies and other related skills.
• Broad based, inside technical support.
• Automation Inc. offers medical and dental benefits, as well as Flex, 401K and Life.
Check out our services!
Learn more about our careers and how you can become a part of the team!