Inside Technical Sales
Take and making technical calls from existing and new customer base. Help customers to determine the most effective application for their needs. We are looking for an experienced TECH Inside sales person selling pneumatic, safety, vision, electromechanical, motion and industrial controls. You would be supporting the outside sales force to most effectively serve the customer.
Reports to: Inside Sales Manager
• Respond to customer inquiries regarding product selection, placement of orders for products and services, requests for prices and quotations while providing exceptional customer service.
• Develops and maintains strong relationship with Automation, Inc. customers.
• Field inbound calls from customers (answer questions, research products, quote requests, and receipt of orders).
• Provide support for Outside Sales staff.
• Create customer quotes for price, terms of sale, availability, delivery dates and other related information.
• There is follow-up on customer quotes potentially negotiating to close the sale.
• Investigate and resolve customer problems with deliveries, quality, and lead times with manufacturers.
• Process the purchase orders from our customers.
• Responsible for strong relationships with suppliers.
• Extensive use of ERP system.
• Extensive use of Microsoft Excel for quoting purposes.
• Provide feedback to customers on status of orders.
• Analyze the customers situation and provide a solution to ensure the customer needs are met.
Requirements: • 2-4 year college degree in Industrial Automation and Fluid Power (or similar field).
• Successful inside sales experience in Motion, Controls or Fluid Power. Ability to build long term relationships for repeat business.
• Must be self-motivated.
• Ability to manage time well and prioritize.
• Utilize basic computer programs (Excel, Outlook, etc).
• Must have a strong mechanical aptitude.
• Strong communication skills- ability to interface with all levels (i.e. President to Machine Operators).
• Desire to be successful and put forth extra effort to reach goals.
Required Education Level: 2-4 year college degree in Industrial Automation and Fluid Power (or similar field).
• Control your own future.
• Competitive pay package, including potential year-end bonus.
• Training will be provided on products, technologies and other related skills.
• Automation Inc. offers medical and dental benefits, as well as Flex, 401K and Life. Broad based, inside technical support.
Check out our services!
Learn more about our careers and how you can become a part of the team!